Firefly Nights Photography is an internationally award-winning portrait and commercial photography studio. Photographer, Megan Drane, considers herself a visual storyteller, capturing the playful, whimsical, and mysterious aspects of people. By capturing people’s true essence in combination with mastered lighting and experience, we create true pieces of art. Our goal is not to provide you with pictures that will be on your desk until the next milestone, but to provide art that can stand the test of time.
Our commercial photography originated with people and portraits with products or for advertising purposes. However, now we also provide straight product photography, professional headshots, and advertising campaigns.
The other reason Megan created this business is to help outsiders see the wonderful gifts of joy special needs children bring to their families. (Please click on the SPECIAL NEEDS link for more information)
Firefly Nights Photography provides maternity, newborn, baby, child, senior, family, and athlete photography in Chicago and its western suburbs, especially Naperville, Hinsdale, Wheaton, Downers Grove, Elmhurst, Burr Ridge, and Oak Brook. We also provide headshots and commercial photography. Really, we do everything except weddings and events. We even do amazing boudoir photography through our sister brand of Fiery Nights Boudoir. Located in downtown Naperville with a studio that is as unique as our work, we also provide on-location sessions.
Firefly Nights Photography is a licensed photographer and a registered member of Professional Photographers of America as well as National Association of Professional Child Photographers. We have been featured on Chicago’s ABC News and had articles published both locally and nationally. Our work can be seen in doctor’s offices, calendars, international magazines, national advertisements, catalogs, and countless homes.
- 2011 Director’s Choice – Stories of Autism
- 2011 Best Photographer – Naperville Magazine
- 2012 Best Photographer – Naperville Magazine
- 2012 Best Senior Image – NAPCP international image competition
- 2013 Best Photographer – Naperville Magazine
- 2014 Best Photographer – Glancer Magazine
- 2015 Best Photographer – Naperville Magazine
- 2015 Merited Images (2) – NAPCP international image competition
- 2016 Merited Images (4) – PPANI image competition
- 2016 Best Photographer – Glancer Magazine
Chicago Tribune Article – Special Needs – April 2015